The Energy Detective Forums
November 28, 2014, 12:37:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New TED Support forum launched!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Not able to access TED 5000 Footprints on my computer anymore.
kdusna84

« on: July 09, 2011, 09:58:57 PM »

For some reason, I can't seem to access the TED 5000 Footprints website to view my data.  The remote unit still appears to be giving me accurate information.  However, I haven't been able to get on the website for the last 6 days.  I keep getting a message that says "Problem loading page." Did they change their IP address? The one that had worked in the past was 192.168.105.  I need to get on the site to update my firmware so I can register for an energy monitoring alternative now that Google Power meter is going to be discontinued. 
andru90s

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 01:32:46 AM »

Same issue here. I try to logon and get a "404: File not found" page. The monitor is still working, and I can see my data on Google, and the Installation utility for OSX sees the TED5000 at the correct IP address.

I noticed this because the Firefox 'TED the Toolbar' suddenly stopped working too.

Actually Google had not updated since yesterday I have fixed it (for now) using the "TED 5000 OSX Installer app" to re apply the footprints firmware. Everything came back just as before... browser access and 'TED the Toolbar'. Not sure if this is a permanent fix, but it does get things working again

UPDATE: Sunday 7/10/11
Well, the update firmware fix lasted about 24 hrs. When I tried to logon to the TED5000 this afternoon, I got the same "404: File not found" page, and 'TED the Toolbar' had 0s all the way across. I could update again using the installer, and again things are looking OK.

Andrew
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:08:46 AM by andru90s » Logged
dprljackson

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 03:53:31 PM »

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. Since about 6:00 pm last night (July 9), my google power meter readings are blank and the TED footprints software is not coming up.  The TED OSX installer is not able to find the gateway at all.  I tried rebooting the computer and router and that didn't work.  The gateway seems to be fine as it is blinking the correct lights but I suspect this must be where the problem is.

Anyone have any advice?
dprljackson

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 04:24:04 PM »

UPDATE: I tried unplugging the TED gateway and plugging it back in after 30 seconds.  Now the GW showed up in the TED installer utility but it would still not launch in my browser.  I tried re-booting computer and router and am back to the installer utility not being able to find the GW again.

Very strange.
dprljackson

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 08:34:37 PM »

2nd UPDATE: I tried unplugging the gateway again and replugging it back in.  It again showed up in the installer utility and this time I *was* able to connect via the footprints software.  Not sure what the problem is/was.
DougHo

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 11:50:09 PM »

I had a similar problem, where TED won't respond to web port but will respond to ping.  Potentially related problem is that the DNS name (ted5000) stops working but IP address works.  Internal logging continues fine, and Both problems solved by power-cycling TED gateway.  Problems started around the time of the following three situations (sorry I don't know specific one or combo): google's powermeter announcement, posting to enersave, and port-forwarding http/https through my router (i.e., potential of outside access/attack attempts).

Not sure if these couple are also related, but around same time my results at powermeter and enersave became intermittant (again, hard to diagnose since several things changed at similar time).  PowerMeter and DNS and web port response were all reliable before those several things (and my attempted upgrade to Beta firmware - since downgraded back to non-Beta but using incorrect gateway ID).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:56:53 PM by DougHo » Logged
berkich

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 08:27:49 PM »

I had the similar problem as DougHo. (Uploading data to myeragy.com runs for a while then freezes)
I am not ready to put beta software on the Gateway so I went back to using Google power meter for the short term.
Gateway is running latest version of firmware (not beta).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:31:31 PM by berkich » Logged
TEDSupport6
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 01:21:05 AM »

When you have this problem, we recommend the following steps:

-Unplug your router and gateway for about 10 minutes.

-Plug your router back in and give it about 5 minutes to fully come back online.

-Plug your gateway back in.

-Run the installation program to locate the gateway's new IP address. When it comes up in the program, select it and click 'launch in browser'.

-Once you are back into Footprints, I suggest setting the gateway to a static IP address. To do this...

-Go to Edit > System Settings Wizard > Network Settings tab.
       -Uncheck the box next to "use settings provided by my router."
       -Make note of the IP address listed there (it should be the same one that the installation program found.)
       -Update the gateway from the Write to Device tab.

This should allow you to more easily access your Footprints page in the future by simply typing the gateway's IP address directly into your browser.
DougHo

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 01:59:22 AM »

TEDSupport6: Although your steps may often work for similar situation, they seem excessive and I suspect might not fix some problems longterm if people are trying third-party energy posting.  For me (not able to run Beta software because my hardware is 20-series), the steps which consistently work are
 1)power-cycle gateway
 and optionally 2)deactivate Energy Posting (to third parties described as alternatives to Google PowerMeter).
 That second-step is necessary if you don't want the problem to re-occur often.  Presumably some post-406 software will fix these problems (footprints web stop responding, DNS name disappearing, etc).
RavenManiac

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 02:29:25 AM »

I too am having this issue. I initiated a support ticket (1075), I've returned the device to TED, tech support says they reset the unit and installed the latest firmware, but as of today this issue remains unresolved. What's worse is tech support seems unwilling or unable to help me. I've updated my support ticket at least four times since 7/15/11 with no response. I've also left several voicemail messages and still no response. A few minutes ago, I tried logging in to the support forum, only to discover that my username had been deleted. Nice.

If this issue doesn't get resolved soon, my next call will be to the president of the company, then the BBB. Sorry, if I sound bitter, but this is ridiculous. Any company that's willing to accept my money should be willing to support their products, especially while they're still under warranty.

I'd also like to note that my Ted 5000 has worked perfectly for the last 8 months and nothing has changed as far as my network setup. It just stopped working one day.

Any suggestions?
RavenManiac

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 02:34:04 AM »

BTW, I am able to locate the device with the TED 5000 utility and ping it as well. It has an IP address of 10.0.1.14. My Airport Extreme has an address of 10.0.1.1, so it's there. I just can't get Footprints to open up in Safari 5.1 or Firefox 4.01.

Help!
zeeeter

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 01:31:18 AM »

Can I add a "me too" to this thread. Just started occurring in the last couple of weeks, have not had this issue previously since installing the 5003C in November 2010.

Also - any ideas why my support forum user ID got deleted? I still have my original registration, but the profile had gone. Just had to re-register.

Not an issue with Dynamic IP as I've always had my static. Pulling the unit and replugging sorts out the issue. No updates done recently, just disabled Google powermeter send, and instead activated energy posting to one of the other sites (can't recall which one now).

The device remains active, only the webserver part is crashing as the feeds from the clamps is still there upon reboot.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:40:51 AM by zeeeter » Logged
RavenManiac

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 03:08:54 AM »

Come on tech guys. Help us.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:17:02 AM by kcrossley » Logged
richardl007

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 06:26:19 AM »

I have the same problem. Worked great for a long time and then stopped working... Sad
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 07:15:21 AM »

The TED5000 webserver no longer being available was a bug w/ the R406 build but has been fixed in the current beta (R452). This bug occurs when 3rd party posting is activated and the remote server is not available for 20 minutes or more. We are working on another beta so this fix can be run by 20-series users as well.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:38:55 AM by TedDev » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: